Cannabis has been used for thousands of years, yet the debate rages on whether or not it is a safe and effective medicinal aid. Since the 1990s, there has been an explosion of scientific evidence concerning the therapeutic benefits of the cannabinoids found in cannabis, with the most compelling data coming from human clinical trials.
Cannabis And The Human Body
The endocannabinoid system is named after the plant that led to its discovery. The human body has a system responsible for energy balance immune function and seems centrally involved with the brain’s functioning.
Those who support its use say it has been consumed as an ointment, tea, and food product for centuries. Its advocates claim that it is non-addictive and is an analgesic, antimalarial, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory. Furthermore, they claim that it helps bronchial problems, neurodermatitis, and skin problems relieve glaucoma and is beneficial in treating multiple sclerosis and migraines.
Studies Of The Benefits Of Cannabis
Studies have shown that cannabis can be a great way to help with a wide range of conditions, but there are some health benefits of cannabis use. Here are three essential health benefits of cannabis use.
A new study by the University of New Mexico sheds some light on the issue by examining deaths caused by cannabis use. It turns out that cannabis-induced deaths are very, very rare. Even in states with legalization, it appears to be safer than alcohol.
Thoughts on the Cannabinoids Found In Cannabis
The study evaluated CDC data on deaths caused by opioids, cocaine, depressants, stimulants, and hallucinogens between 1999 and 2010. We’ve searched the research and found ten pieces of evidence supporting the use of medical cannabis.
1. Cannabis is one of man’s safest therapeutically active substances. Learn More
2. The immediate effects felt following consumption of cannabis include euphoria and relaxation. These effects are very beneficial for people at the end of life.
3. Cannabis does not produce anterograde amnesia, meaning it does not impair memory during intoxication as alcohol does.
4. in a study on cannabis and Alzheimer’s disease, the authors found that the “use of cannabis, by elderly patients with Alzheimer’s disease, appeared to slow down the progression of the disease.”
5. Cannabis use has never been tied to any sudden deaths. Patients on cannabis experienced a 63% decrease in pain, a 20% decrease in nausea, and a 57% decrease in anxiety.
6. The elimination of [opioids] from a patient’s treatment repertoire will decrease pain control, an increased risk of severe nausea, and increased anxiety.
– Journal of Psychoactive Drugs
7. Patients can reduce or eliminate other medications, such as opioids and benzodiazepines, by substituting cannabis for these substances.
8. Cannabis-only patients had decreased pain levels compared to those prescribed pharmaceuticals.
Prescription drugs ingested during the last weeks of life often cause adverse reactions that worsen symptoms.
9. Prescription painkiller deaths outstrip those caused by heroin (3,035), cocaine (2,200), and amphetamines (1,566) put together.
10. Cannabis has served a medicinal purpose for thousands of years. As a cancer treatment, cannabis can reduce nausea, pain, and vomiting and stimulate appetite. Cannabis can improve the quality of life of cancer patients.
Doctors and stoners alike have widely touted the medical benefits of cannabis for hundreds of years. Even a small amount of marijuana can relieve chronic pain, anxiety, and more and relax a user, creating an enjoyable and euphoric experience.
Because of its immediate effects, cannabis can quickly deliver a calming sensation when smoked or eaten. This is perfect for getting rid of anxiety and stress. Cannabis also contains antioxidant properties and has been shown to help reduce the symptoms of certain diseases like cancer, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. Learn More
People are turning to cannabis for medical and recreational purposes. Thanks to the relaxing and euphoric effects on the brain, cannabis is used as a mood-booster — and many people swear by its ability to help with stress and anxiety.
We’ve Got You Covered
Verma Farms is a family-owned and operated business that offers a range of CBD products.
Choose the dosages that work for you. Wilma’s Edibles come in a variety of dosages. From the smallest dose, which can be found in Wilma’s Wafers and Doggie Treats, to Wilma’s Bread, which offers a larger but still mild CBD dose.
Wilma’s Wafers are a delicious and convenient way to get started. Wilma’s Treats are perfect for pet treats, desserts, and party favors. Wilma’s Bread is a perfect addition to your family’s breakfast or your dog’s dinner. And our CBD-Infused Shampoo and Conditioner offer a mild dose without leaving any residue.
Choose the flavors that work for you.
We make the four most popular flavors for Wilma’s Edibles. These are the same flavors that are available in many of the best-known brands of edible CBD, and they’re what we recommend if you’re new to edibles or if you prefer something on the sweeter side. But no matter what your preferences are, we make it easy to find something that suits them.
Choose the right dosage and right taste to start feeling your best.
Whether you’re new to CBD or a seasoned pro, we’ve got something to help you start feeling your best.